Saturday, June 12, 2010

day 13: wedding day


What an interesting experience! I’m not even sure where to start, I think videos and photos are necessary to capture the essence of the day.

The day started with everyone getting all dressed up our wedding attire. All the women wore fancy silk saris, woven with gold threads and the tops were colorful semi-transparent sequined blouses. We each had our hair done, and most of us had makeup done as well. The men all wore 2 layers of saris under a black coat, and a small scarf head piece. Michael and Maryam were in the most regal attire with a giant gold 4 pound head-dress in Maryam’s hair, and a sword on Michael’s back. I must say I was very impressed with everyone’s patience while other’s got dressed…all in the searing heat (well searing for us westerners…it was probably cool to an Indonesian). Daniel was a champ, again, I’m most impressed with his ability to adapt to all these new places.

More to come ….

No comments:

Post a Comment